Start Building Your Website
Did you know the average human attention span is 8.25 seconds? From the moment someone lands on your organization’s website, you have fewer than nine seconds to grab their attention and get them interested in your work.
Does your site do that?
It can! This Website Optimization Action Plan will help you build an engaging, effective presence online. Over the course of seven weeks, you’ll learn:
- Why optimized websites are important and what you’ll need to create one
- The elements of a strong nonprofit brand
- How to design an effective website
- Tips and strategies for finding and telling compelling stories
- SEO strategies that will help increase traffic to your site
- Some different technical optimizations that will help you create a user-friendly website
- How to create a streamlined donation page that encourages and facilitates gifts
Each section also includes a hands-on activity you can use as you work on your nonprofit’s website. Whether you’re building something from scratch or refreshing an existing one, this resource will help you create a beautiful, engaging site.