Browse The Report
- Nonprofit Email Deliverability & Engagement Benchmarks
- Nonprofit List Sizes
- Ask The Expert: Is List Segmentation Really That Important?
- Nonprofit Email Bounce Rates
- Nonprofit Email Open Rates
- Nonprofit Email Unsubscribe Rates
- Nonprofit Email Click-Through Rates
- Nonprofit Email Fundraising Performance
- Nonprofit Email Performance by Date & Time
- Email Sender Superlatives
- A Data-Driven Approach to Subject Lines & Preview Text
- Convey Positive Emotions in Subject Lines
- Ask the Expert: How Did You Use AI for Subject Line Sentiment Analysis?
- Words to Include (or Avoid) in Your Subject Lines
- Experiment with Emojis in Subject Lines
- Write Compelling Preview Text
- Words to Include (or Avoid) in Your Preview Text
- Put It All Together — Performance Benchmarks & Word Usage
- Creating Effective Emails
- Ask the Expert: What Should I Keep In Mind When Creating Compelling Emails?
- Tip #1 — Include Imagery in Your Emails
- Tip #2 — Pay Attention to Salutations
- Ask The Expert: Do Salutations Really Make a Difference?
- Tip #3 — Use the Word "You"
- Tip #4 — Make Your Message Scannable
- Ask The Expert: How Do I Create a Great Call to Action?
- Tip #5 — Include Great Calls to Action
- Put It All Together - Build Clear, Compelling Emails
- Lessons from the Most Engaging Email of 2022
- Data-Backed Insights for GivingTuesday and Year-End
- Methodology & Appendix
- About Neon One
Ask The Expert: Is List Segmentation Really That Important?
Email marketing is an afterthought for many nonprofits, and the truth is…your subscribers are a goldmine! Developing relationships with donors and supporters doesn’t have to happen over a phone call or lunch once a year. Sending consistent, captivating emails that connect with subscribers are where the magic happens. If you’ve ever felt frustrated by social media or watched engagement take a nosedive, email is your best friend!
All email subscribers aren’t equal. Don’t lump everyone together! Simple, purposeful segmenting is key to effective online fundraising. The best news? You don’t have to be a tech-wiz to segment your audiences.
For example, speaking to a specific segment such as volunteers, donors that only give on Giving Tuesday, or attendees of your annual gala gives you the roadmap to tell a compelling story instead of a generic appeal in an attempt to be one-size-fits-all.