Browse The Report
- Nonprofit Email Deliverability & Engagement Benchmarks
- Nonprofit List Sizes
- Ask The Expert: Is List Segmentation Really That Important?
- Nonprofit Email Bounce Rates
- Nonprofit Email Open Rates
- Nonprofit Email Unsubscribe Rates
- Nonprofit Email Click-Through Rates
- Nonprofit Email Fundraising Performance
- Nonprofit Email Performance by Date & Time
- Email Sender Superlatives
- A Data-Driven Approach to Subject Lines & Preview Text
- Convey Positive Emotions in Subject Lines
- Ask the Expert: How Did You Use AI for Subject Line Sentiment Analysis?
- Words to Include (or Avoid) in Your Subject Lines
- Experiment with Emojis in Subject Lines
- Write Compelling Preview Text
- Words to Include (or Avoid) in Your Preview Text
- Put It All Together — Performance Benchmarks & Word Usage
- Creating Effective Emails
- Ask the Expert: What Should I Keep In Mind When Creating Compelling Emails?
- Tip #1 — Include Imagery in Your Emails
- Tip #2 — Pay Attention to Salutations
- Ask The Expert: Do Salutations Really Make a Difference?
- Tip #3 — Use the Word "You"
- Tip #4 — Make Your Message Scannable
- Ask The Expert: How Do I Create a Great Call to Action?
- Tip #5 — Include Great Calls to Action
- Put It All Together - Build Clear, Compelling Emails
- Lessons from the Most Engaging Email of 2022
- Data-Backed Insights for GivingTuesday and Year-End
- Methodology & Appendix
- About Neon One
Go Build More Engaging Emails
Use These Data-Backed Best Practices to Build More Engaging Emails
These data points are more than interesting benchmarks: They work together to create a roadmap for building more engaging emails. Tracking individual benchmarks can be interesting, but these findings are most helpful when you look at all of them together. Your open rate is a helpful metric to track. But tracking your open rate, click-through rates, unsubscribe rates, fundraising performance, and other key data points can paint a picture of your supporters. You can learn what motivates them, what information they find interesting, which campaigns and programs resonate most with them, and even which words and phrases inspire them to support your cause.
We hope these benchmarks and other findings will help you engage your base of supporters. Remember: No two nonprofits are the same, and no two organizations have the same audiences. Whether you’re surpassing these benchmarks or see opportunities to improve, these data points can serve as a compass that will help point you in the right direction.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see what you achieve.